Happy Friday! My week has been so crazy. I did 40 hours in 4 days containing two 12 hour shifts which I know a lot of people do, but I’m not used to that schedule. By the time I got home everyday I was exhausted. My apartment is a mess and I had to find time to prepare my lunches, make dinner and workout everyday. Plus today we leave for Georgia for the weekend so I had to pack as well. I don’t mean to complain Its just that some days I just feel completely overwhelmed and feel like I can’t keep up. Lately I’ve been making to do lists and tackling chores and tasks one day at a time and it’s really been helping.
I am all about quick easy meals but this week getting home later than usual with no energy I had to make something extra quick with not a lot of work involved. This is something I make often and it’s just so simple. Pick your favorite veggies I usually pick two or three it’s whatever I am in the mood for that night. Last night it was sweet potato and broccoli. Keep in mind it’s just my husband and I you can always add more for more people. Then pick either chicken sausage or regular sausage. My husband and I both prefer chicken sausage. Preheat your oven to 400. Cut up the veggies throw them in a bowl, toss them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle your favorite seasoning on them. We use Mrs Dash original blend this time.
Then cut up your sausage into thick coin pieces and place those in the bowl with your veggies. Once mixed together add to your baking tray.
Stick in the oven for 15 minutes take them out toss them a little and put back in for 15 minutes and voila! Dinner is ready!
2 sweet potatoes
1 Head of Broccoli
12 oz of chicken sausage of your choice or regular sausage
2 tablespoons of Mrs Dash seasoning or your choice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lime your baking sheet with tinfoil
2. Cut up your veggies and place them in a bowl
3. Toss them with olive oil and seasoning if your choice
4. Cut up the sausage into thick coin pieces and add them to the bowl with the veggies and mix together
5. Place the sausage and veggies onto your baking sheet
6. Place in the oven for 15 minutes then remove and toss around the veggies and sausage
7. Place back in the oven for another 10-20 minutes